Use your Sooper credit and debit cards with Apple Pay - the easy, secure, and private way to pay.
Apple Pay can be used with iPhone® 6, iPhone® 6 Plus, iPhone® 7, iPhone® 7 Plus, iPad® mini 3, iPad® 2 Air, or Apple Watch®. See the list below for the types of transactions that can be made for each device. Please make sure your device has the latest iOS downloaded. You must have iOS 8.1 or higher to use Apple Pay.
• iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus - In-app purchases and in-store purchases
• iPad Air 2 & iPad mini 3 - In-app purchases only
• Apple Watch - In-store purchases only
How it works
Use Apple Pay with your iPhone to pay in stores without swiping your credit or debit card. You can also use Apple Pay to make secure in-app purchases without entering your sensitive information. Just pay with the single touch of your finger using Touch ID.
With Apple Pay, instead of using your actual credit and debit card numbers when you add your card to your Wallet, a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted, and securely stored. When you make a purchase, the Device Account Number alongside a transaction-specific dynamic security code is used to process your payment. Your actual credit or debit card numbers are never shared by Apple with merchants or transmitted with payment data.
Apple Pay makes purchase transactions safe and secure by ensuring cashiers and others never see your name, card number, or security code.
To start using Apple Pay with your Sooper cards, there are a few simple things you will need to do:
1. Make sure your device has the latest iOS downloaded. You will need iOS 8.1 or higher to use Apple Pay.
2. Open Wallet on your Apple Pay supported device.
3. Click the plus sign in the top right to add a new card and then click "Next."
4. Position your card in the frame and Apple Pay will automatically upload your card information. Add final card details, then hit "Next" in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
5. If you have already set up your Apple Pay with another card, and would like to make your Sooper credit or debit card your Default Card, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, tap on Default Card, then select your Sooper credit or debit card.
For more information about setting up Apple Pay, please click here.
As precaution to keep your information secure and to safeguard against fraud, you must call Sooper at 303-427-5005 to have your added card approved for Apple Pay usage. You may also ask for your card to be approved for Apple Pay after your card has been added to your Wallet with a Secure Message sent from within your Online Banking account.
How to use Apple Pay to make a purchase
Use Apple Pay to make purchases in stores or within apps. For in-store purchases, hold your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus close to the no-contact card reader. Your phone will awaken and display your default card. Tap your default card to display the list of cards you can use with Apple Pay. Choose the card with which you would like to make a purchase. Place your finger on the Touch ID button on your phone. When the payment is made and accepted, you will feel a slight vibration and see a check mark on your screen. Please note, if you are prompted to select between Debit and Credit options, Apple recommends selecting Credit to make the Apple Pay process smoother. You may still be required to sign a receipt at some stores.
For more information about how to make a purchase using Apple Pay, please click here.
Where you can use Apple Pay
Apple Pay has partnered with hundreds of thousands of stores and apps. To view where Apple Pay is accepted, please click here.
Apple, Apple Pay, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
- Terms & Conditions
APPLE PAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms for Adding Your Sooper Credit Union cards to a Digital Wallet
These Terms for Adding your Sooper Credit Union ("Sooper") Card to a Digital Wallet (the "Terms") apply when you choose to add a Sooper debit card, credit card or stored value ("Sooper Card") to a Digital Wallet ("Wallet"). In these Terms, "you" and "your" refer to the cardholder of the Sooper Card, and "we," "us," "our," and "Sooper" refer to the issuer of your Sooper Card, which is Sooper Credit Union.
1. Adding your Sooper Card. You can add an eligible Sooper Card to the Wallet by following the instructions of the Wallet provider. Only Sooper Cards that we indicate are eligible can be added to the Wallet. If your Sooper Card or underlying account is not in good standing, that Sooper Card will not be eligible to enroll in the Wallet. When you add a Sooper Card to the Wallet, the Wallet allows you to use the Sooper Card to enter into transaction where the Wallet is accepted. The Wallet may not be accepted at all places where your Sooper Card is accepted.
2. Your Sooper Card Terms Do Not Change. The terms and account agreement that govern your Sooper Card do not change when you add your Sooper Card to the Wallet. The Wallet simply provides another way for you to make purchases with the Sooper Card. Any applicable interest, fees, and charges that apply to your Sooper Card will also apply when you use the Wallet to access your Sooper Card. Sooper does not charge you any additional fees for adding your Sooper Card to the Wallet or using your Sooper Card in the Wallet. The Wallet provider and other third parties such as wireless companies or data service providers may charge you fees.
3. Sooper is Not Responsible for the Wallet. Sooper is not the provider of the Wallet, and we are not responsible for providing the Wallet service to you. We are only responsible for supplying information securely to the Wallet provider to allow usage of the Sooper Card in the Wallet. We are not responsible for any failure of the Wallet or the inability to use the Wallet for any transaction. We are not responsible for the performance or non-performance of the Wallet provider or any other third parties regarding any agreement you enter into with the Wallet provider or associated third-party relationships that may impact your use of the Wallet.
4. Contacting You Electronically and by Email. You consent to receive electronic communications and disclosures from us in connection with your Sooper Card and the Wallet. You agree that we can contact you by email at any email address you provide to us in connection with any Sooper account. It may include contact from companies working on our behalf to service your accounts. You agree to update your contact information with us when it changes.
5. Removing Your Sooper Card from the Wallet. You should contact the Wallet provider on how to remove a Sooper Card from the Wallet. We can also block a Sooper Card in the Wallet from purchases at any time.
6. Governing Law and Disputes. These Terms are governed by federal law and, to the extent that state law applies, the laws of the state that apply to the agreement under which your Sooper Card is covered. Disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms will be subject to any dispute resolution procedures in your Sooper Card agreement.
7. Ending or Changing these Terms; Assignments. We can terminate these Terms at any time. We can also change these Terms, or add or delete any items in these Terms, at any time. We will provide notice if required by law. We can also assign these Terms. You cannot change these terms, but you can terminate these Terms at any time by removing all Sooper Cards from the Wallet. You may not assign these Terms.
9. Notices. We can provide notices to you concerning these Terms and your use of a Sooper Card in the Wallet by posting the material on our website, through electronic notice given to any electronic mailbox we maintain for you or to any other email address or telephone number you provide to us, or by contacting you at the current address we have on file for you. You may contact us at: (303) 427-5005.
10. Questions. If you have any questions, disputes, or complaints about the Wallet, contact the Wallet provider using the information given to you by the provider. If your question, dispute, or complaint is about your Sooper Card, then contact us at: (303) 427-5005.