SCU Community Foundation
Colorado Mammoth Tickets
Purchase your tickets today to benefit the SCU Community Foundation. Tickets can be purchased here: http://www.mammothtix.com/scucommfoundation
What is it?
At Sooper, we believe in giving back and supporting our community. That's why we created The SCU Community Foundation; a way for us to focus and direct our philanthropic efforts for the credit union and use them exclusively for charitable and educational purposes.
The SCU Community Foundation was incorporated in January 2009 by the Sooper Credit Union Board of Directors, and The Foundation was granted its 501(c)(3) designation by the Internal Revenue Service in April 2009. The Foundation Board is comprised of seven members. Three of the Board members represent the credit union and four are community leaders from Arvada, where the credit union's corporate office is located.
Who Do We Help?
Each year, the SCU Community Foundation provides ten $1,000 scholarships to young members of the credit union to assist in furthering their education. The Foundation also assists many community organizations, such as food banks, sponsors events, and supports a variety of shelters in the metro area.
Board of Directors
Left to right, first row: Dale Rutt, Chairman; Jill Fellman, Vice Chairman. Second row: Lorraine Anderson, Director; Mike Litzau, Secretary/Treasurer; Dan Kester, Director; and Michelle Francis, Director. Not pictured: Luke Heesacker, Director.
- Dale Rutt, Chairman
- Retired King Soopers Store Manager, Sooper Credit Union Board Chairman
- Jill Fellman, Vice Chairman
- Retired Educator, Member Jefferson County School Board
- Mike Litzau, Secretary/Treasurer
- Executive Vice President of Corporate, Sooper Credit Union
- Lorraine Anderson, Director
- Former Arvada City Councillor, RTD Board Member
- Luke Heesacker, Director
- Owner, Arvada Rent-Alls
- Dan Kester, Director
- President/CEO, Sooper Credit Union
- Michelle Francis, Director
- President and Founder, 20/20 Strategy
How to Donate
If you would like to support the SCU Community Foundation, here are a few easy ways to donate:
- Mail: SCU Community Foundation, 5005 W 60th Ave, Arvada, CO 80003
- Telephone: To make a donation by credit card over the phone, call Secretary/Treasurer Mike Litzau at 303.430.5502.
- Types of Donations Accepted: Cash, Checks, Money Orders, Visa®, MasterCard® and Discover®.
If you would like to contact the SCU Community Foundation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.