Instant-Issue Debit Cards
Sooper offers a free MasterCard® debit card on all checking accounts. This gives you 24-hour access to the funds in your account via participating ATMs and any merchant displaying the MasterCard logo. Using your card saves you the hassle of writing a check, and purchases are automatically deducted from your checking account.
Want a debit card but don't have time to wait for it to come in the mail? No problem! We offer instant-issue debit cards at the Lakewood, Arvada and Grand Junction locations. Plus, you can choose from one of our many instant-issue debit card design options!
Please contact us at (303) 427-5005 or toll-free at 1 (888) SOOPER-1 to request a MasterCard debit card for your checking account today.
Visa® Travel Cards
Visa® Travel Cards are re-loadable, easy to replace if stolen, not attached to any personal account, and can be used wherever Visa is accepted (including ATMs). Pick one up at any branch location.
- Safety and Security: Like all Visa consumer credit and debit cards, Visa Travel Cards are protected from fraudulent or unauthorized transactions in the event the card is lost or stolen.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services and Purchase Security: Available in the event a cardholder's purchase is lost or damaged by theft, fire or weather.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement: Visa Travel Card is the first prepaid travel card to offer lost luggage reimbursement. Consumers are covered under the policy simply by being a registered Visa Travel Card cardholder, with an activated and eligible card.
Visa® Gift Cards
Sooper Credit Union is now offering Visa Gift Cards! Give the gift of freedom - use a Visa Gift Card at any of the millions of places where Visa Gift Cards are accepted! Get one at your nearest branch location today!
They can be used online, in person or by phone and are safer than giving cash.
- Use them anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted
- Purchase cards in amounts from $10 - $1,000
- The recipient can decide what they really want
- They're prepaid and can't be overspent
- All the protection and security features you've come to expect from Visa
Safe Deposit Boxes
Safe deposit boxes are available at our Grand Junction branch only. Please contact us at (970) 242-0123, or toll free at 1-888-SOOPER-1 for availability.
Debit and Credit Card Travel Notification
Your security is important to us at Sooper. To ensure uninterrupted service while traveling, please provide us with your travel information prior to your trip. This will reduce the likelihood that your card is blocked due to activity outside of your usual area. Please call (303) 427-5005 to inform us of your travel plans.
If you're planning a trip, please check the status of your Sooper Credit Union issued MasterCard debit card in the country you're visiting. Because of the growth of international card fraud, Sooper Credit Union has limited (or blocked) use of credit union issued debit cards in certain countries to protect you from becoming a victim of fraud. If you have any questions about blocked or limited access countries, please call 1 (888) SOOPER-1 or (303) 427-5005.
The following is a list of all countries that are blocked from any type of use (signature and PIN-based) for the MasterCard debit card:
- Myanmar (Burma)
Several easy ways to reorder checks:
- Call Sooper Credit Union
- Locally at (303) 427-5005, or
- Toll-free at 1 (888) SOOPER-1
- Stop by any of our convenient branch locations, or
- Place an order online
Sooper offers wire transfers to Members.
- Incoming wire instructions.
- Outgoing wire fees are as follows:
- (Domestic) $20.00
- International $40.00
- For outgoing wires up to $3,000 please complete the Outgoing Wire Form and fax along with ID to (303) 430-5552 for processing.
- For outgoing wires over $3,000 please visit a Sooper branch location.
Don't have access to a computer? You can still manage your accounts with SooperTeller, our 24-hour telephone banking service. To access SoopeTeller, call 303-427-5005 or toll-free at 1-888-SOOPER-1.